Plane9 v2.2.1 released!published on 2/26/2015 8:48 PM
I got some crash reports after the v2.2 release was live so I must thank you all that sent them in. It was a bit tricky for figure out exactly what had gone wrong but eventually I found the problem. Just about all reports where related either to not having a OpenGL 3.1 graphics card or moving to the next scene too quickly. The first one will now show a message and ask that to update the drivers and the second one wont allow the scene to be changed during a transition. Without the crash reports it would have been next to impossible to figure this out.
I had some feature requests as well and since there where quick and easy to do they made it into this release as well.
Full patch notes
- Show command line help using "plane9.exe -h"
- Show help texts if pressing F1 in windowed and VR mode
- Make sure we have a valid OpenGL 3.1 device and if not show a error
- Disable mouse cursor in full screen windowed mode
- Disable screensaver in full screen windowed mode
- Allow oversized windowes during recording
- Crash if moving to the next scene too quickly
- Failure to start WMP plugin with a qwindowed missing message
- Better scene randomization. Now all scenes should be shown once before reseting scene pools
- Correct colors in recorded movies
- Issue with starting WMP plugin
- Exit better if no Oculus is detected in VR mode
- Attempt for a fix of ghost image on one eye in VR mode
- FPS counter in windowed mode
..and remember. Why listen to music when you can watch it!