Terms of ServiceThe following terms and conditions govern all use of the plane9.com website and all content, services and products available at or through the website. The Website is owned and operated by Planestate Software. The Website is offered subject to your acceptance without modification of all of the terms and conditions contained herein and all other operating rules, policies and procedures that may be published from time to time on this Site by Planestate Software (collectively, the “Agreement”).
Please read this Agreement carefully before accessing or using the Website. By accessing or using any part of the web site, you agree to become bound by the terms and conditions of this agreement. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access the Website or use any services. If these terms and conditions are considered an offer by Planestate Software, acceptance is expressly limited to these terms. The Website is available only to individuals who are at least 13 years old.
- Your plane9.com Account. If you create an account on the Website, you are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and included scenes and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under the account and any other actions taken in connection with your account. You must not describe or assign tags to your scene in a misleading or unlawful manner, including in a manner intended to trade on the name or reputation of others, and Planestate Software may change or remove any description or keyword that it considers inappropriate or unlawful, or otherwise likely to cause Planestate Software liability. You must immediately notify Planestate Software of any unauthorized uses of your scene, your account or any other breaches of security. Planestate Software will not be liable for any acts or omissions by You, including any damages of any kind incurred as a result of such acts or omissions.
- Responsibility of Contributors. If you own an account on the Website, comment on a scene or page, post material to the Website, post links on the Website, or otherwise make (or allow any third party to make) material available by means of the Website (any such material, “Content”), You are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content. That is the case regardless of whether the Content in question constitutes text, graphics, an audio/video file, or computer software. By making Content available, you represent and warrant that:
- the downloading, copying and use of the Content will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark or trade secret rights, of any third party;
- if your employer has rights to intellectual property you create, you have either (i) received permission from your employer to post or make available the Content, including but not limited to any software, or (ii) secured from your employer a waiver as to all rights in or to the Content;
- you have fully complied with any third-party licenses relating to the Content, and have done all things necessary to successfully pass through to end users any required terms;
- the Content does not contain or install any viruses, worms, malware, Trojan horses or other harmful or destructive content;
- the Content is not spam, is not machine- or randomly-generated, and does not contain unethical or unwanted commercial content designed to drive traffic to third party sites or boost the search engine rankings of third party sites, or to further unlawful acts (such as phishing) or mislead recipients as to the source of the material (such as spoofing);
- the Content is not pornographic, libelous or defamatory (more info on what that means), does not contain threats or incite violence towards individuals or entities, and does not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party;
- your portfolio or scene is not getting advertised via unwanted electronic messages such as spam links on newsgroups, email lists, other blogs and web sites, and similar unsolicited promotional methods;
- your portfolio or scene is not named in a manner that misleads your readers into thinking that you are another person or company. For example, URL or scenes is not the name of a person other than yourself or company other than your own;
On top of any license you might want to apply to your scenes, you agree to give Planestate Software a worldwide license to host, store, reproduce, modify, create derivative works, communicate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display such content, for the limited purpose of operating, promoting, and improving Plane9.
If you delete Content, Planestate Software will use reasonable efforts to remove it from the Website, but you acknowledge that caching or references to the Content may not be made immediately unavailable.
Without limiting any of those representations or warranties, Planestate Software has the right (though not the obligation) to, in Planestate Software’s sole discretion (i) refuse or remove any content that, in Planestate Software’s reasonable opinion, is in any way harmful,objectionable or has resemblance to exclusive content given out by Planestate Software, or (ii) terminate or deny access to and use of the Website to any individual or entity for any reason, in Planestate Software’s sole discretion.
- Responsibility of Website Visitors. Planestate Software has not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, posted to the Website, and cannot therefore be responsible for that material’s content, use or effects. By operating the Website, Planestate Software does not represent or imply that it endorses the material there posted, or that it believes such material to be accurate, useful or non-harmful. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. The Website may contain content that is offensive, indecent, or otherwise objectionable, as well as content containing technical inaccuracies, typographical mistakes, and other errors. The Website may also contain material that violates the privacy or publicity rights, or infringes the intellectual property and other proprietary rights, of third parties, or the downloading, copying or use of which is subject to additional terms and conditions, stated or unstated. Planestate Software disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from the use by visitors of the Website, or from any downloading by those visitors of content there posted.
- Content Posted on Other Websites. We have not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, made available through the websites and webpages to which plane9.com links, and that link to plane9.com. Planestate Software does not have any control over those non-Plane9 websites and webpages, and is not responsible for their contents or their use. By linking to a non-Plane9 website or webpage, Planestate Software does not represent or imply that it endorses such website or webpage. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. Planestate Software disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from your use of non-Plane9 websites and webpages.
- Copyright Infringement. As Planestate Software asks others to respect its intellectual property rights, it respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that material located on or linked to by plane9.com violates your copyright or is not provided with the appropriate license, you are encouraged to notify Planestate Software. Planestate Software will respond to all such notices, including as required or appropriate by removing the infringing material or disabling all links to the infringing material. In the case of a visitor who may infringe or repeatedly infringes the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of Planestate Software or others, Planestate Software may, in its discretion, terminate or deny access to and use of the Website.
- Changes. Planestate Software reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or replace any part of this Agreement. It is your responsibility to check this Agreement periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the Website following the posting of any changes to this Agreement constitutes acceptance of those changes. Planestate Software may also, in the future, offer new services and/or features through the Website (including, the release of new tools and resources). Such new features and/or services shall be subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- Termination. Planestate Software may terminate your access to all or any part of the Website at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately. If you wish to terminate this Agreement or your plane9.com account (if you have one), you may simply discontinue using the Website. All provisions of this Agreement which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
- Disclaimer of Warranties. The Website is provided “as is”. Planestate Software and its suppliers and licensors hereby disclaim all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Neither Planestate Software nor its suppliers and licensors, makes any warranty that the Website will be error free or that access thereto will be continuous or uninterrupted. You understand that you download from, or otherwise obtain content or services through, the Website at your own discretion and risk.
- Limitation of Liability. In no event will Planestate Software, or its suppliers or licensors, be liable with respect to any subject matter of this agreement under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other legal or equitable theory for: (i) any special, incidental or consequential damages; (ii) the cost of procurement or substitute products or services; (iii) for interruption of use or loss or corruption of data. Planestate Software shall have no liability for any failure or delay due to matters beyond their reasonable control. The foregoing shall not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
- General Representation and Warranty. You represent and warrant that (i) your use of the Website will be in strict accordance with this Agreement and with all applicable laws and regulations (including without limitation any local laws or regulations in your country, state, city, or other governmental area, regarding online conduct and acceptable content, and including all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the United States or the country in which you reside) and (ii) your use of the Website will not infringe or misappropriate the intellectual property rights of any third party.
- Indemnification. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Planestate Software, its contractors, and its licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of your use of the Website, including but not limited to your violation of this Agreement.
Based on a license by Openprocessing. This license is available under a Creative Commons Sharealike license.
Some icons on the site comes from the excellent fugue icons pack that are copyright (C) 2010 Yusuke Kamiyamane. All rights reserved. The icons are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 license.