Planestate Software currently consists of a one man team so that would be team as in "Me, myself and I".
An introduction of Joakim Dahl
I have been working professionally in the computer industry for more than 14 years. What follows is a small outtake of the things I have been doing during that time.
- In 1997 I was in the small team that built the first casino system to Boss Media. I was a consultant to them for the next 10 years. During that time I was involved in building part of their next casino system and poker system.
In 2002 I helped the New Norwegian Culture unlock a database. The cost of recreating the database was said to be in millions.
"Langstoyl, librarian at the Ivar Aasen Centre for New Norwegian Culture in Oresta, Norway, was trying to unlock a database that had been closed for about nine years since the death of the man who compiled it. Today Ottar Grepstad the director of the Ivar Aasen Centre announced that Joakim Eriksson was the one who first broke the password after only 1 hour of work." The was a slashdot article about the whole thing.
- Have been part of a team that built two game prototypes for the Xbox and PS2 systems. None of them got picked up by any publishers. My part was the physics and collision system. Included rippable cloth, interactive fluid including buoyancy, grass simulation, dynamically plants, fully simulated rope bridges, ropes and a complete physics system with constraints and ragdolls. It all ran at full framerate on the Xbox and PS2 systems.
- Integrated a cashier with Wirecard, Paynova, WebMoney, Metacharge, Moneybookers, Neteller, Paysafecard, Euteller, Bibit, Click2Pay, Clickandbuy, Paypal, Shareit, Swedbank, Gluepay and a few others
- Integrated a system with Ongame, iPoker, Redbet, NetEntertainment, Microgaming, FinSoft and a few other systems.
- Build 15+ modules for the CMS system Dotnetnuke including custom localization support and a custom authentication provider using a WCF service architecture
- Built and designed a SOA architecture using WCF utilizing multiple endpoints including binary, rest, pox & soap
- Build a few casino flash games
- Create a program that would build a web site containing service documentation from the code base of a WCF service
- Been administrator for a company that has 3 data centers world wide. Built custom programs to help in this role
- Managed and setup MySql replication and MS Sql servers
- Spearheaded and sucessfully implemented cloud intiative inside a company utilizing Microsoft and Amazon clouds
- Design and setup a virtualization infastructure using VMWare ESXi including VMWare view for remote desktop access
- Built a framework to easily develop games for IVT machines
- Created a custom application to track and handle customer data
- Designed and built a html5 poker replayer application in 3 days
That's some of the things I have been doing so far. Software and technology is my passion and I hope it will continue to be for quite a while yet.
Some icons on the site comes from the excellent fugue icons pack that are copyright (C) 2010 Yusuke Kamiyamane. All rights reserved. The icons are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 license.