Plane9 v1.2 Releasedpublished on 10/19/2009 4:36 PM
Plane9 v1.2 has been released and it has two major new features
Each scene can now be any of 4 types. Standalone, Background, Foreground and Postprocessing. At runtime the visualizer will then choose a standalone scene or a layered scene by rendering a background, foreground and post processing scene at once. This creates a lot of potential scenes. Already the potential combinations are in the 100's!
A expression parser has also been added. Now it exists as a standalone node and as part of the CloneExpression node. The latter node clones objects using a math expression. Scale, position and color can be changed per cloned object. More information can be found on the [url:expression|http://www.plane9.com/plane9/expression.php] page
The complete change list is as follows
- Engine: Scene layer support. Now a scene can be defined as a standalone, background, foreground or postprocessing scene!
- Engine: Math expression evaluator!
- Engine: New nodes Expression, CloneExpression
- Engine: New scenes FlipFlop, InsideMarbleCube, InformationFlow, DotPlasma, CubeFloor, CubeVortex, BlobFade, GradientGrid, Signal, Firewalker
- Editor: Show scene desciption, author & warmup time
- Editor: Add * to changed scene
- Editor: Show confirmation dialog if closing changed scene
- Editor: Show textures as dropdown list for easy picking
- Config: Splash window
- Editor: Splash window
- Editor: Check for new release at startup
- Config: Check for new release at startup
- Engine: Clear screen if monitor claims its going to get shutdown
- Editor: Crash when showing more than one scene
- Editor: When scene is activated wrong scene is rendered