| All posts |
The editor will take a timeout in v2.0published on 1/5/2014 11:53 AMI have come to the realization that the editor needs to take a timeout and will be skipping the v2.0 release. This decision wasn't made lightly but it will make a comeback in a future version. As to why this is so here are the reasons for the curious.
- The shaders will be changed from CgFx to GLSL. This is nothing I can fully automate so I don't want more scenes to be created using the old shader format that the creator of the scenes need to manually convert.
- I don't want to force users to download and install .Net just for the editor
- Mixing .Net and Native code prevents the usage of some windows features
- I am going to convert the editor to Qt so everything is native (No .Net needed). Because of this some new features are not yet as editor friendly as I would like them since the plan is to fix them in the Qt based editor.
- The current editor is using a commercial GUI library that is rather large
This means that if you do use the editor in v1.x you should not install v2.0 since you wont be able to edit your own scenes.